Training classes start soon - apply today!
If putting a smile on someone's face puts one on yours, you belong on our team. Here at Optum Puerto Rico Operations, we've brought together teams of incredibly compassionate and absolutely positive people to help serve our members or providers when they reach out to us with questions. Your helpful personality combined with our support, training and development will ensure your success. This is no small opportunity. This is a chance to leverage your compassion for others and build a rewarding career. Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide phone support to address the needs of members or providers, taking care to thoroughly understand the type of assistance required
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively to identify specific questions or issues while documenting required information in computer systems
- Research complex issues across multiple databases and work with support resources to resolve member or provider issues and/or partner with others to resolve escalated issues
- May assist customers in navigating UnitedHealth Group websites while encouraging and reassuring them to become self-sufficient in using our tools
- May contact care providers (doctor's offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance when needed
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. It requires fluency in computer navigation and toggling while you confidently and compassionately engage in dialogue with the caller. Be assured that our training will provide you with knowledge of the various products, plans and levels of benefits available to members and you'll soon find yourself creating positive experiences and earning the gratitude of callers on an hourly basis.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. ***ENGLISH PROFICIENCY ASSESSMENT WILL BE REQUIRED AFTER APPLICATION*** Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems OR 1+ years of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- Intermediate Windows PC navigation proficiency or higher and ability to navigate in multiple systems.
- Available to work (40 hours/week) Monday- Friday. Flexible to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (7:00am to 11:00pm) (Need to be available for a rotating schedule on Saturdays)
- Bilingual Spanish/English proficiency
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business.
- Prior health care experience
- Telemarketing/sales experience
- Knowledge of medical or health insurance terminology
- Previous Data Entry Experience
The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here .
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, Optum, health care, office, phone support, training class, #RPO