Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
The Sr Customer Information Analyst will leverage data quality / data governance methodologies, frameworks, and tools to identify, investigate, & report on data related issues to help ensure quality Customer Information throughout the organization. It also requires collaboration on both data quality and data governance with key stakeholders including Sales, Customer Service, Contact Centers, Marketing, Finance, etc.
Accurate customer information is a foundation to the success of Grainger and delivering exceptional customer service. The Sr. Customer Information Assurance Analyst plays an integral role in the overall success of the Customer Information governance program at Grainger. This individual provides Customer Information Quality Quality data/reporting to all levels of the organization for continuous employee and process development in order to achieve the company’s customer information governance goals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilizing provided technology and methodology, evaluates and validates customer information quality standards and practices are accurate and in compliance.
- Coordinates data assessment results, observations, and outcomes for leadership, business stakeholders, and data community where necessary.
- Participates in root cause analysis activities in support of quality customer information.
- Organization of resources to design, define, implement, consolidate, and refine the outputs of data profiling and data quality assessment metrics.
- Coordinates with Sr Customer Information Assurance Analyst for data quality rule development and monitoring.
- Supports the functions by running profiles and exception reports through the data profiling tool.
- Research and analyze data and business processes, as needed, via quantitative and qualitative analysis for requirements in support of quality customer data.
- May assist managers with identifying learning gaps of data analysts as trends appear during information review processes.
- Participate in or lead, as appropriate, process / work flow analysis and enhancements to support Data Governance decisions by leveraging metrics.
- Administration of collaboration and knowledge sharing of Customer Data Quality and Governance practices across the enterprise.
- Creates, collects, and maintains documents that outline data attribute business and technical rules intended to support quality customer data.
- Discuss and resolve business, data, and process issues within the team(s), across stakeholders.
- Participates in and/or coordinates customer information quality assurance related projects.
- Produces and disseminates ad-hoc reports and Dashboards as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience in metrics and dashboarding (e.g. Tableau preferred).
- 2+ years’ experience with a data profiling toolset like IBM Information Analyzer, Informatica, IDQ etc. is preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience with SQL. Oracle Database knowledge is a plus
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be non-biased, discreet and confidential in all work activities.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong sense of customer information quality.
- Familiarity of Grainger’s enterprise business units and their function and processes.
- Good working knowledge of technology and systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate and network effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Visio, SharePoint & MS Project.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking abilities.
- Must be thorough with meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and use good judgment.
- The Sr. Customer Information Analyst reports to the Manager, Customer Information Operations Metrics and will have extensive contact with multiple horizontal and vertical levels within the organization.
- This position is responsible for understanding data quality and data governance disciplines and their effect on business problems and opportunities.
- This position will interact with business partners and stakeholders across the enterprise landscape.
- Significant daily interaction with data analysts, managers, ES architects, ES development, marketing, sales, analytics etc.
- This role may partner with third party data providers for data feeds and consulting groups for data quality / data governance tools and process development.
- Work is performed in an office environment with a moderate noise level and regular distractions.
- Regular use of computer, keyboard and mouse.
- Able to work extended hours including weekends as required.
- Travel expectations up to 25% of time.
“Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.”