What you’ll be doing...
As our Manager of Technical Program Delivery will report to the Program Delivery Executive (PDE) and will lead a team of Technical Program Delivery Managers who provide oversight and support for the technical managed services Verizon provides to the state of California in the areas of managed voice, managed network, managed security, etc. You will analyze contract SLAs to make sure we are executing on our commitments as well as take responsibility for the strategy and vision of elevating the customer experience through reduction of service interruptions and issues, enhancement of services and programs, as well as streamlined and effective resource planning. In this role, you will be responsible for the performance of the technical program activities within the PMO. You will be highly engaged with your customers to understand their business needs, understand any concerns, and create a plan to effectively address them.
- Oversee the technical program processes and personnel, to include operations and continuous service improvements.
- Work closely with, and coordinate the efforts of, Verizon Technical Program Managers (TPM’s), Operations Center Managers and customers’ stakeholders in developing joint support plans, policies, and processes which adhere to contract requirements.
- Monitor ongoing service management to ensure compliance with SLAs and performance commitments.
- Monitor TPM resource load and distribution to ensure quality delivery of services.
- Ensure that all contracted deliverables for new services are completed and properly transition for day 2 support.
- Participate in any technical, network, SLA, contract compliance escalation as appropriate.
- Engage with customer executives and Verizon executives in the prioritization and resolution of escalations, as appropriate.
- Assist Account Team in fielding any business and/or technical requests and engage the appropriate internal Verizon resources.
- Develop program reference materials; validating consistency with contractual requirements, established Verizon policies/practices, customers’ operating environments, and industry best practices.
- Create performance reports and service level reports that will collectively show Verizon’s compliance or degree of non-compliance with service levels and compliance with associated performance requirements.
- Ensure that all contracted program deliverables are completed.
- Ensure coordinated on site client meetings are happening in partnership with sales and PMO leadership.
- Support existing key customers with day-to-day technical support on Verizon services.
- Work with Tier 2 to ensure that standard changes (SCM) are in alignment with customer environment.
- Work with Design Engineering on optional changes (OCM) to ensure that complex changes are built correctly and conform to customer standards.
- Work with WAN Lifecycle Engineer and Managed Security Project Managers (MSPMs) on new installations to ensure that customer standards are followed, customer expectations are met, and implementation issues are corrected for the projects are closed.
- Consult with customers on future technical efforts.
- Guide, mentor, and train other technical resources on systems, process and tools to improve efficiency.
- Involve in the RFP and DLM lifecycle on large deals to ensure that responses, services and products fit request and align with operational realities within the company and the PMO.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in customer facing pre-sales meetings to represent operational Verizon services.
- Handle overall customer relationship management in relationship to the technical program.
- Back-up the Program Delivery Executive as required.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Six or more years of experience managing technical programs
- Six or more years of experience as a manager leading technical project managers, engineers, or related skill sets
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 10-15% of the time
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience delivering enterprise managed services in the areas of security, network, voice or other complex technical services
- ITIL Foundation Certificate and ITIL conversant
- Experience managing numerous customer networks simultaneously
- Experience building an understanding of each customer’s business needs and matching services and products that address those needs
- Ability to expertly manage customer escalations
- Ability to analyze SLA’s and contract obligations to ensure we are meeting our commitments
- Ability to analyze service levels and make strategic changes to processes and programs that will enhance the customer experience
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.