This Sr Staff Engineer will have a focus on Build and Deployment automation. The successful candidate will have been doing work focused around an automated build pipeline to distributed systems, and will be comfortable with Engineering and Administration of components within that pipeline. They will work together with multiple Project and Product teams to automate otherwise-manual build and deployment processes, educate their colleagues on our preferred tools and techniques, and support deployment processes throughout the SDLC. The job requires off-hours work to support deployments, including some nights and weekends.
Successful incumbents have excellent customer service skills, have strong inter-personal and communication skills, strong attention to detail, drive for results, decision quality, dealing with ambiguity, and ability to multi-task and have strong organizational skills.
Design & Methodology
* Investigate & propose a strategic fit solution technology.
* Work closely with Business Units, Application teams, infrastructure areas & Vendors to identity, review & evaluate the solution requirements.
* Investigate & propose strategic fits for Virtualization, Consolidation & Rationalization solution opportunities within the infrastructure or business. Propose changes to the technical design solutions as applicable.
* Review & provide recommendation/input if/as applicable on new technologies/roadmap/presentations and Vendor product offerings specific to "System" Server, System Software technologies & Solutions & products.
* Evaluate & align strategic fit solutions across platforms & solutions specific to "System" hardware & software technologies.
* Understand, participate, review & influence long term capacity planning & technology investments.
* Provide Client consulting & planning guidance as applicable for moderate to complex projects/programs.
* Provide consultation & works closely with other functional infrastructure areas/departments on multiple initiatives to meet common organizational / business goals & objectives.
* Participate in and provides consulting & planning guidance on short term & long term planning in order to meet ongoing business & operational needs.
* Participate in and provides consulting to project teams on architectural, design development, integration opportunities, planning of complex systems & assures it is aligned to our established strategies, guiding principles, rationales & practices.
* Develop & provide estimates for projects/programs & initiatives during consulting, planning & implementation review if/as applicable for projects & initiatives.
Planning & Organizing
* Identify & evaluate projects/programs/initiatives & design processes that enhance & rationalize existing and upcoming solutions.
* Map requirements into standard services solution, identity opportunities for integrating to existing or reuse technology & provide cost effective solutions for moderate to large highly complex project/programs/initiatives.
* Review and propose alternate solutions to non-standard solutions if/as applicable to meet business & applications needs.
* Review, identify & manage requirements for moderate to complex solutions and do a cost value, feasibility and risk analysis as appropriate.
* Assist & provide guidance on complex/ large project/program planning phases & process. Direct and/or indirect management responsibility for large to enterprise size projects /programs/initiatives/services with high complexity across multiple functional area(s).
* Participate in CAB/ECAB and active assess risk of proposed changes.
* Review, participate, develop (if/as applicable) & update architectural standards, guiding principles, rationales & strategies.
* Evaluate, review & approve highly complex design solutions for business & Infrastructure project or programs or initiatives.
* Keep management informed of status of on activities through accurate, timely, and appropriate reporting.
* Actively participates in committees representing the department and/or planning unit.
* Keep abreast of leading edge technologies in engineering space.
* Estimating cost saving targets.
* Budget low cost hosting provider.
Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
Travel is not required for this position.
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or High School Diploma or GED and 8 years of technology experience
* 7 years leading technology projects with large to complex sized projects
* 7 years in identifying technical solutions for complex business problems, identifying the benefits and risks of the solutions and providing recommendations
* 6 years design experience with 3 years advanced design experience
* 3 years full life cycle development in an enterprise development environment
* 3 years configuration management concepts and tools
* 3 years design and modeling tools
* 3 years working in a DevOps model
* 4 years of experience with Git
* 4 or more years of experience in a Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery environment
* 4 years of experience as a full-time Build Engineer
* 4 years of experience with BOTH Gradle and Maven on complex builds
* 4 years of experience as a Build Engineer across multiple simultaneous projects
* 4 years working as a Build Engineer in a stringent Change Control environment and highly regulated industry (Financial preferred)
* 4 or more years working with Jenkins as a Jenkins Engineer/Administrator
* 3 or more years working on Jenkins Deployments to both Windows and Linux (RHEL preferred)
* 3 or more years working with Jenkins as a Build Engineer (web-based Config)
* 3 or more years working as a BitBucket Administrator
* 2 or more years working with Jenkinsfiles
* 2 or more years working in a distributed Jenkins environment with multiple agents
* 2 or more years working with Ansible and/or Terraform
* 2 or more years of experience working on .NET builds through Jenkins
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled