New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+ (Source: Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Are you a personable, customer-service oriented individual? Are you interested in helping people protect their future? Are you interested in a career with an industry leader? If so, New York Life Insurance Company may be the company for you.
We are looking for an energetic, customer focused individual with problem solving skills. A person who is action orientated, has strong communication skills and who strives to provide excellent customer service.
• Pick-up United States Postal Services mail, United Parcel Services mail and mail from other carrier services from the Mail Center at different intervals throughout each day.
• Sort, prioritize/prep, scan and index incoming service requests, checks and return mail into a document management system.
• Adhere to all procedures, guidelines and controls at all times to be compliant with NASD, SEC and FINRA rules.
• Handling inquires and research requests received in a team database promptly and accurately.
• Working under pressure to meet all deadlines and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
• Ability to work within a team environment towards achieving common goals.
• Associates degree preferred
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a related field
• Accountable, ethical, good decision making ability
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required
• Good computer skills and ability to multitask
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Strong Interpersonal skills
• Ability to lift 25 lbs and utilize mail cart for mail pick-ups
Training & Development:
Customer Service Representatives undergo a comprehensive paid on-site training program to learn about the insurance industry, product and policy provisions and transaction processing. Coaching and feedback is provided to help you gain the necessary skills to be successful.
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday. Candidates should be flexible to work any 7.5-hour shift between 8am – 6pm during the work week.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.